Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Nothing to report here other than that it is hot (was in the upper 90s over the weekend) and I am taking finals and very much looking forward to a trip to Boulder starting Thursday to visit the fabulous Becky D, and then a trip to Cabo with the fabulous Tiffany (she won a free trip for two to Mexico and is taking me as her guest... how lucky am I??), where I plan on exploring and relishing old friends and reading the paper and eating slurpees and listening to the podcast of Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, and maybe Car Talk if I can find it.

Finals aren't too overwhelming in and of themselves (just two take-home exams) but I think I'm just exhausted from the constant presence of having something to read or write hanging over my head since the beginning of January with only a week's respite in March. I love my program and I'm extremely grateful to be able to pursue a totally new field, and I know that I had a killer schedule this quarter with tons of free time, but I'm counting the days until graduation (369, to be exact). If I ever decide to get a PhD, will you please ask me if I know what I'm doing?? In the meantime, I'm actually psyched to start practicum on July 10, at Glen Roberts Child Study Center, a county-funded community mental health clinic in Glendale. I'll be working there about 20-25 hours a week for a year.

I'll try to come up with something more interesting to say one of these days soon....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear the news - not boring.
Better even to hear you get to visit fabulous Boulder. I'm tempted to drive down! If only my car worked that well...