Friday, April 23, 2010

Quote book

I find myself slapping some long quotes and poems up in various places these days, mostly because I like them, and they're more than 1.5 sentences long, and I have lost the art of pulling out a pen and paper or actually adding to my quote book.

This one is from Elizabeth Gilbert's new book, she of Eat Pray Love fame. I haven't bothered to get the new one, Committed, yet, but my mother sent me an excerpt. It's all about making peace with the sometimes-unsettling idea of promising to be with one other human being until the end of your earthly days, and in this particular section she talks about loving someone enough to want to protect them, even from yourself, if necessary. So she makes a list of what she perceives to be all her horrible faults, a "prenuptial informed consent," she calls it. This one, I'm just going to have engraved on some nice business cards and pass out to prospective friends and suitors.

"I have far more enthusiasm in life than I have actual energy. In my excitement, I routinely take on more than I can physically or emotionally handle, which causes me to break down in quite predictable displays of dramatic exhaustion. You will be the one burdened with the job of mopping me up every time I've overextended myself and then fallen apart. This will be unbelievably tedious. I apologize in advance."

10 comments:

entertainment king said...

i guess its spam they never let u make money

Shay Tha MC said...

they sent me monopoly money

hoho said...

The Impact's up coming residenceMonster Butterfly
video game will be in Wednesday, Might Eleven, any time it is going to have fun with an event versus Major Nba Soccer's New York Crimson Bulls, who are directed by means of Thierry Henry plus Rafa MarquezA Result will likely be back in action Wed nighttime as soon as that takes on the next lower calf of its Nutrilite Canadian Tournament semifinal series in Vancouver upBeats by dr. dre FAQ
against the Whitecaps (13 p"The Result will likely be in measures Wed nights when that represents your second lower-legdr dre headphone
of Nutrilite Canadian Tournament semifinal line around Calgary up against the Whitecaps (Eleven p"A Result will likely be Beats by dr. dre Review
back in motion Friday nights if Vibram Five Fingers Sprint Womens
this performs the other knee of their Nutrilite Canadian Champion semifinal string throughout Vancouver against the Whitecaps (10 s Recreation time frame is definitely 6: 30 r"We tend to be satisfied with (Thursday night of) final result, such as for all your participants exactly who never ceased performing,In Dos Santos reportedYour Impact is likely to make this get to be able to Your local mls next season, RSE)

?InchesThe Result will likely be last action Thursday night any time them has the other leg of Nutrilite Canadian Title

hapi said...

Hi JulieBee, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

HD Wallpapers said...

Can You Tellme how to make money?

Anonymous said...

Hey! check out a new site! reminds me of this site. Sweet whatevers is focusing on strange life things!

sweetwhatev.blogspot.com

Amazing Love said...

Anyway I am adding this RSS to my e-mail and could look out for a lot more of your respective intriguing content. Ensure that you update this again soon.

Patek Philippe replica

Unknown said...

Great Blog! Check Mine Out! http://thesurviving.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Great post with your blog.I really impressed by it.

Also click on this keywords please :-- structured settlements | sell structured settlements | cash for structured settlements | selling annuities | sell my structured settlement

Abercrombie and Fitch said...




We are concentrate on offering you the actual newest and finest items out of this brand name. Welcome to buy the fashionable hollister milano on our website now, best quality and cheap price Abercrombie and Fitch will be your best choice.