Tuesday, March 14, 2006

WhySpace

OK, can anybody give me a compelling reason to be on MySpace? I mean, once upon a time everybody told me I had to get on Friendster, so I did, and really the only thing that happens is that I get an email every six months from someone from my past who found me, and wants me to be their "friend," and I say yes, and then I never hear from them again. Maybe that's because they all left for MySpace.

Anyhow, I'm thinking about this today because I just wandered upon a website where people with camera phones can post their pictures... and some guy posted, like, 25 pictures of people writing on a white board at a business meeting. I don't really get it. Maybe it's art. I think I missed the Net Generation revolution by just a few years, where all the random stuff that you say and think in passing gets immortalized with emoticons. I blog and I email, but that's where I draw the line. I can't IM either... it makes me anxious to have to write in such short snippets, and then while you're writing your reply, the other person changes the subject, and you hit "enter" anyway to respond to the question they asked before, and then they can't figure out what question you're answering, and you spend five minutes trying to unravel why, when they asked what they should do about their boss's habit of putting them down at staff meetings, you answered "because I was out of cheese."

2 comments:

MQ said...

Amen! Preach it sister!

Anonymous said...

I don't get the MySpace thing either. I tried Friendster and the same thing happened.
Run away from MySpace!
And I love IM'ing as you know, but I think it's because I multi-task so much in my mind that before I realize I should stay on one topic I've skipped to the next. I confuse myself.