Thursday, October 05, 2006

the boobies edition

I was just thinking the other day how lucky breast cancer is. I mean, it's got the most edgy-but-still-socially-appropriate appeal, as evidenced by recent campaigns. First there were Save the Ta-Tas t-shirts donating to breast cancer research (I do not recommend, however, typing in "www.tatas.com" while trying to find them online). Now there's the Feel Your Boobies campaign to promote breast self-exams.

Poor colon cancer. It's never gonna get that kind of exposure. Especially now that Katie Couric's a "real" journalist. Then again, with the rise of colon hydrotherapy as the frou-frou celebrity treatment-du-jour here in LA, maybe people will be wearing colonoscopy-themed pants soon. What will they say?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely edgy. I never thought having a T-shirt that included the word ta-tas could be so inspiring.

Becky said...

Girl, only YOU could find a way to glamorize breast cancer. I'm afraid to click on any of these links from my work computer....

See you in TWO weeks!

Anonymous said...

How about "leave the buttplugs at home"...? :-)