Saturday, October 20, 2007

Ferdinand Ma-julie-an

I was a little explorer today! Now that I've finally gotten (most of) my stuff unpacked in my new place (or at least to the point where I can find what I need in the remaining boxes), I took a little time today to explore my new "neighborhood." Technically, where I live is pretty central to everything I do, but not really close to anything. I live in a little 3-street neighborhood tucked in between Dodger Stadium and Elysian Park. So today I just headed out on my bike and did a little 11-mile loop down the hill through Chinatown, then heading northwest on Sunset Boulevard through Echo Park and Silver Lake... then getting really lost on the way home because I forgot my map. I knew what direction to keep heading, but I ended up biking up all these big hills only to discover that the streets didn't connect and I had to bike down the other side and up another one. All in all, it was a nice day for a bike ride... I put my new panniers on the side so I didn't have to carry anything... and when I got home there was a nice big bowl of ice cream waiting for me in the freezer to reward me for all those hills. Yum.

1 comment:

Swiftyjess said...

a *little* 11 mile jaunt through the hood eh?
Costa and Ariadne live near Echo Park - if you ever need someone to have coffee with....