Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Shoes

OK, I've gone and done it. Filled my brain full with details about the major theological themes in the book of Luke, and John's relationship to the Synoptic Gospels. So I'll talk about shoes.

I was invited to a Christmas party this weekend where lobster is on the menu. I do not think that I own any shoes nice enough to eat lobster in. I have "sensible shoes" useful for running around shooting weddings -- they're quiet (no squeaking) and low (no falling over), but they are also no fun. So I went shoe shopping.

Ladies with small feet, I do not ever want to hear you complaining about shoes. At least they make cute shoes in your size. When you wear an 11 1/2, you get stuck with men's shoes and the leftovers at Nordstrom Rack, usually mustard-yellow pumps. Every once in a while I find cute shoes in my size, but the problem is that they're not really cute in my size. I look like an oversized four-year-old playing dress-up. And in the rare case that a shoe exists that is cute, even in my size, nine times out of 10 it has a four-inch heel, and until I start dating a Laker the last thing I need is to be 6'2".

Can I hear a little sympathy, folks, for the tall women with big feet?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Trying not to complain about my small feet...)

Unknown said...

I would like to buy caterpillar shoesfor my son for this christmas gift.....fantastic blog...