Monday, April 10, 2006

toot toot

Since I know Hannah will not toot her own horn about this... let me toot it a little for her. Her band, the Bittersweets, just got an email from a fairly prominent radio show host in Alabama, in which he heard a bit of their new album coming out in June and said that she sounded so good that she sounded just like Shawn Colvin in 1988. Actually, he said she "sounded more like Shawn than Shawn does," and said he was going to start playing the album as soon as they'd let him (it comes out in June).

In other tooting news, my friend Jessica, who I have known for 20 years, just produced another human being. I have other friends who have had babies, but this time feels different, somehow. It's ridiculous, I feel proud as if I had something to do with it or something, because I have known her since we were 10 and both new kids in the 5th grade with huge bangs and huge glasses, and the fact that we survived to be grownups together and have done much reflecting on the process along the way makes this a salient moment for me too.

Woo hoo! Consider yourselves tooted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Bittersweets!
And thanks for the compliments regarding my blog topic and the baby and all of that.
To tell you the truth, I like reading your blog so much and often have blog envy. You are always thought-provoking for sure...even with the heartburn.