Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Update

So, I turned in my keys at my internship site yesterday, after a couple long days of dotting I's and crossing T's in all my charts. Leaving that place came with too many goodbyes that I wasn't ready to say. Today I throw in some laundry, pack up, run some errands, and hop on a plane for a few weeks of much-anticipated vacation. Tonight to Boston, a few days with Natalie, then Goat flies in and we drive up to New Hampshire for a week at Squam Lake with his family. Then, hop a plane straight to Seattle and head to eastern Washington for a week at a lake with my family and a few extra days in Seattle (partially enjoying Seattle, partially avoiding July in Pasadena). The current plan is that I'll be in the Yosemite backcountry for a good chunk of August, guiding for Sierra Treks, and then when September rolls around, I'll find a job and a new place to live - not sure exactly where yet but for now the requirements are that it reduces the 30-mile commute to Goat. So, September is the new horizon I can see to, but beyond which I cannot see. And for now I'm OK with that. (I fully expect the angst to ratchet up in the fall, but in the meantime I'm planning on enjoying some vacation).

Here are some photos from graduation...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!