Saturday, January 07, 2006

people I love in faraway places

As usual, the highlight of the break was hanging out with fabulous people who are all currently spread all over the globe. I spent some quality time with my family and big bro (we had better outfits in '78 in the photo at left); my college roommate Ruth dropped in from Ukraine (where her name is spelled PYT -- and she finally gets the michael jackson references we heap on her) and we daytripped to Dungeness Spit; I caught up with my spunky preggo friend Jessica, with whom I share a tattooed nickname and the scars of surviving middle and high school together; I caught up (in Seattle) with Berkeley friends who now live in Seattle, Berkeley, and Montana; and finally flew back to Oakland to pass a lovely New Years Eve with former roommates Natalie (enjoying a break from shoveling her car out of the snow in Boston) and Hannah (about to travel the world as a rock star), and our dear friends Phil and James, who cook us gourmet dinners and reveal far more than we ever wanted to know about the inner workings of the male mind, and we love every minute of it.





more photos from the holiday travels here....

No comments: