Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Is it just me...

... or is 6th grade getting harder?

I tutored a kid in math today, and he was working on one of those logic puzzles that you have to do at that age, where it's got the grid you put all the X's and O's in... and I got so stuck I had to give up. I do Sudoku puzzles in the NY Times, and I couldn't figure out an 11-year-old's logic homework?

Oooh, also -- 'cause I know you were all wondering what happened to the philandering Peruvian trekking guide... Jeanne forwarded the emails we got from his girlfriend back to him, so he knows that she hacked into his email to track us down halfway around the world to find out if he was cheating (seriously, it's like Where's Waldo meets Melrose Place). But... apparently they worked everything out, because they're starting a trekking company of their own. So, if you are ever in Cusco and you need a great guide to places few other gringos go, look him up. Sure, he'll pick you up at 5am with a hangover, get too tired to speak English a mile into every day, and hit on you while he explains the astrological designs of Incan ruins -- but playing soccer at a UNESCO site with peruvians at 13,000 feet is worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It might be that 6th grade is getting harder...
But I think those Sudoku puzzles are hard. Then again, didn't you tutor me in Math? I am hopeless aren't I? :-)